Thursday 4 August 2011

Practice

Today I was ill, woke up feeling like death and in so my son went to the childcare rather then stay home. I maybe could have watched him in a pinch? But it would have been mostly from the bathroom and with great difficulty.

Because of this situation I spent the day telling myself what a bad mother I was. After several hours of making myself more and more miserable I paused.

I stopped, thought about how I was thinking, then got out some paper and a pen and did a thought map. I also did another exercise out of my homework and kind of examined what I was doing. It helped me a bit to put it on paper and see how I was reacting and see how it was disproportionate.

I still felt miserable but slighty less so, so practice does help.

No comments:

Post a Comment